10.1″ PCAP Touch Screen LCD Module for SBCs – ELI101-CPW
Easy LCD Interface (ELI) quickly adds a 10.1" WXGA LCD with Projected Capacitive Touch and an intelligent control system to your Raspberry Pi, BBB or other single board computer (SBC). This is a cost effective commercial solution.
Part #: ELI101-CPW
MSRP (Qty Volume): <$205.00
Status: Prototypes Available
Production guaranteed: Until 2027
Warranty: 1 Year (Extended available)
- Easy LCD Interface (ELI)
- 10.1" Projected Capacitive Touch Screen LCD with USB Device Interface
- 240 nits Brightness and 800:1 Contrast Ratio (typical)
- 0° to +50° C operating temperature range
- Plug and Play interface to standard SBCs
- HDMI or DVI Input with EDID Support
- +12 Volt DC Input Power (±5% tolerance)
ELI offers users a family of simple plug and play display solutions for Single Board Computers (SBC) such as the popular Raspberry Pi or BeagleBone Black. ELI devices are also compatible with NXP i.MX6 single board computers. ELI only needs an HDMI video input, a 12VDC power supply, and USB interface for the touch screen.
ELI takes the frustration out of embedding a touch screen display into your product. Desktop monitors aren’t well suited for embedded products and bare glass LCD’s present significant design challenges and schedule delays to typical customers. ELI provides an off-the-shelf solution with no NRE or development costs, and full support from our team of US based engineers or any of our franchised distributors.
Quick Start DocumentationQuick Start Guide
|Touch Screen Type||PCAP|
|Display Technology||IPS a-Si TFT LCD|
|Touch Screen Interface||USB Device|
|Resolution||1280 x 800
|Contrast Ratio (typ)||800:1|
|Colors||16.7 M (24 bit)|
|Vertical Viewing Angle|
|Horizontal Viewing Angle|
|Active Area (in mm) (WxH)||216.96 x 125.60|
|Response Time (ms typ)||25 tf + rf|
|Backlight Life |
(K hrs min)
|EDID for Auto Screen Sizing||Yes|
|Display Interface Input Mode:||HDMI / DVI|
|Input Voltage (VDC + 5%)||5-15|
|Operating Temperature||0° to 50° C|
|Storage Temperature||-20° to 60° C|
|Mounting||3M 300LSE tape or other 3M tape|
|Plug & Play|
|Size||257.10 (W) x 159.66 (H) x 19.0 (D)|
Current Documentation – Rev 2.0
|ELI101-CPW Quick Start Guide||Quick Start Guide||12/09/2016|
|ELI Software User's Manual||User's Manual||12/14/2016|
|ELI101-CPW User's Manual||User's Manual||05/24/2017|
|ELI Family Input Voltage Matrix||Reference Guide||png||02/10/2017|
|ELI Part Numbers Guide||Reference Guide||01/05/2016|
|Hirose DF13 Catalog||Reference Guide||10/01/2016|
|2D Models for ELI101-CPW||Mechanical Models||zip||12/14/16|
|3D & EASM Model Files (By Request Only)||Mechanical Models||zip||12/13/16|
|ELI Double Clicks not Recognized in Windows – Registry Fix||Application Note||02/28/2017|
|Raspberry Pi Configuration File for ELI101-CP||Configuration File||zip||07/12/2016|
|Raspberry Pi Disk Image||Disk Image||img inside zip||12/14/2016|
|ELI Software User's Manual||User's Manual||04/19/2016|
Recommended 3rd Party Software
BeagleBone Black Debian Disk Image
This is the basic Debian image straight from the Beagleboard.org website. No additional configuration is required. However, you may need a program such as 7zip to decompress the download file, since it is in a format more common to Linux than Windows.
This is a program that can uncompress many file formats. Necessary for the BeagleBone Black Debian Image.
This is the basic Raspbian image straight from the Raspberry Pi creators themselves. Some configuration is required, but we’ll help you with that. The configuration steps can be found in Section 7 of our Raspberry Pi User’s Manual.
Many of these games made in Python work very well with ELI’s touch screen.
Once you’ve picked up your ELI, FDI is with you every step of the way. We offer support and documentation on our forums and support wiki.
Extended Display Identification Data, or EDID, is the data structure passed from a display screen to a device’s video source. Find out more about ELI and EDID here. .
Recommended Linux Packages Available Through apt-get
We recommend the following packages for your various entertainment and productivity needs:
- MPlayer – This is a lightweight video player perfectly suited for your Raspberry Pi/Beaglebone Black needs. In the terminal type: sudo apt-get install mplayer
- OMXPlayer – Another lightweight video player. If for any reason you dislike MPlayer, we recommend giving OMXPlayer a try. In the terminal type: sudo apt-get install omxplayer
- Libre Office – A productivity suite containing a word processor, spreadsheet manager, presentation creator, and more of the expected office programs. In the terminal type: sudo apt-get install libreoffice
Support From FDI:
- Y inside the box indicates a given Operating System is compatible with a Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) or Single Board Computer (SBC).
- A gray box indicates that combination is not available. For example, Windows, Ubuntu 16.04, and Ubuntu/Linaro are not available for the Raspberry Pi.
- A white box (empty) indicates that combination is not available due to Intel GPU not supporting a slow pixel clock of 9 MHz.
- Touch Chip Calibration: When this is available, we provide a procedure and software allowing our customers to calibrate the touch screen controller on the ELI unit.
- OS Calibration: All operating systems (Windows, Linux) allow you to calibrate the touch screen input.
- HID Support: Human Interface Device (HID) support is available for ALL ELI units. With this support ELI reports as a mouse HID. When operating as a mouse, the ELI device must be the primary display within Windows for the touches to be recognized on the correct display.
- Digitizer Support: Some ELI units can be set as a Digitizer. When this is done, the ELI unit can operate as the non-primary display in any OS. Also, the unit can be easily OS calibrated.