LCD Demo Kit for LPC2158 – LCD-DEMO-LPC2158
The LCD-DEMO-LPC2158 is a reference design for a low cost microcontroller and LCD solution using the NXP LPC2158 along with a few discrete external components. The Board is controlled by a simple two-button user interface (MODE and SELECT).
Part #: LCD-DEMO-LPC2158
Status: End of Life
- ZIF Socketed Derivative Board
- For use with NXP 44 pin PLCC packages
- Supports ISP/ICP programming of P89C51, P89V51, P89LV51, and P89V52X2
- Requires the use of the USB-Dongle for power and a programming interface.
The LCD-DEMO-LPC2158 is a reference design for a low cost microcontroller and LCD solution using the NXP LPC2158 along with a few discrete external components. The Board is controlled by a simple two-button user interface (MODE and SELECT). Example source code may be downloaded for several sample applications: an FM Radio display during a simulated channel scan, a 15 minute countdown timer, a repeating pattern of 4 text lines, and virtual COM port allowing users to display their own messages on the LCD. The user can edit this code and download to the reprogrammable Flash microcontroller directly through a USB virtual COM port on the user’s PC (no external programmer required). The LCD-DEMO-LPC2158 can function as a Single Board Computer since the powerful LPC2158 contains an ARM7TDMI-S microcontroller with 512 kB of programmable Flash memory and 40 kB of RAM. Additionally, the 20-pin expansion header allows for the connection of external devices to the microcontroller directly through GPIO or through the SPI and I²C interfaces.
- Single chip solution for LCD User Interface
- ARM7TDMI-S Microcontroller
- Multiple I/O ports available via optional 20-pin expansion header
- 512 KB Internal Programmable Flash Memory, 40 KB RAM
- Full-Speed USB 2.0 Device
- 8-character alphanumeric LCD
- Integrated I²C based LCD driver with 128 segment support
- Powered by 5 V Supply from PC USB Port
- Two miniature push-buttons on-board for user control
- Reprogrammable by the user through USB