NXP PCA2125 RTC Demo Kit – RTC-DEMO-KIT
The NXP RTC Demo is a reference design for a low power Real Time Clock and LCD solution. The Demo Board is controlled by a simple two-button user interface (MODE and SELECT).
Part #: RTC-DEMO-KIT
Status: End of Life
- Reference design for low power real time clock and LCD
- Supports both 14-pin TSSOP PCF2124 and 10-pin HVSON PCA2125 RTC
- RTC driven by 32.768kHz quartz crystal
- SPI interface for RTC control
- Includes 8-character alphanumeric LCD, coin cell battery holder, push-buttons, ICP programming support
The RTC-DEMO-KIT is a reference design for a low power Real Time Clock and LCD solution. The Demo Board is controlled by a simple two-button user interface (MODE and SELECT). The Demo Board CD includes example code for several sample applications: a programmable time and date display, a programmable countdown timer, and a repeating pattern of text lines. The user can edit this code and download to the reprogrammable Flash microcontroller via a 10-pin header included on the board using any external ICP style programmer.
The flexible PCB layout supports two RTC package options:
14-pin TSSOP for PCF2124
10-pin HVSON for PCA2125
A small USB based ICP programmer that allows ICP programming of the P89LPC932A1 and many other NXP microcontrollers from any PC is available from FDI.
- Low power, SPI based Real Time Clock driven by a 32.768 KHz quartz crystal
- Powered by a single 3V coin cell battery
- 8-character alphanumeric LCD
- I²C based LCD driver with 128 segment support
- Two miniature push-buttons for user control; additional User Interface via header
- User reprogrammable via 10-pin ICP header