NXP PCF2123 RTC Demo Kit – RTC-DEMO-PCF2123
The NXP RTC Demo PCF2123 is a reference design for a low power Real Time Clock and LCD solution with an available I²C temperature sensor. The Demo Board is controlled by a simple two-button user interface (MODE and SELECT).
Part #: RTC-DEMO-PCF2123
Status: End of Life
- Reference design for low power real time clock and LCD
- Supports both PCF2123 and PCA2125 RTC ICs in 14 pin TSSOP package
- RTC driven by 32.768kHz quartz crystal
- SPI interface for RTC control
- Includes 8-character alphanumeric LCD, Low Power LM75B I²C Temperature Sensor, coin cell battery holder, push-buttons, ICP programming support
The RTC-DEMO-PCF2123 is a reference design for a low power Real Time Clock and LCD solution with an available I²C temperature sensor. The Demo Board is controlled by a simple two-button user interface (MODE and SELECT). Example code for several sample applications: a programmable time and date display, a programmable countdown timer, and a repeating pattern of text lines, can all be found on FDI’s support page. The user can edit this code and download to the reprogrammable Flash microcontroller via a 10-pin header included on the board using any external ICP style programmer.
It supports two different RTC options in a TSSOP-14 package:
A small USB based ICP programmer that allows ICP programming of the P89LPC932A1 and many other NXP microcontrollers from any PC is available from FDI.
- Low power, SPI based Real Time Clock driven by a 32.768 KHz quartz crystal
- Supports two different RTC Options in a TSSOP-14 Package:
- Available Low Power LM75B I²C Temperature Sensor
- Powered by a single 3V coin cell battery
- 8-character alphanumeric LCD
- I²C based LCD driver with 128 segment support
- Two miniature push-buttons for user control; additional User Interface via header
- User reprogrammable via 10-pin ICP header